All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDo you work with angry children? Are you wondering why young people don't listen when they are angry? Are you exhausted from trying to understand angry behaviour? Anger Management is a practical guide that will help you to stay calm in the face of angry outbursts from children and young people. Written by chartered psychologists with extensive experience in the field, this helpful book will: * increase your understanding of anger * offer you a range of practical management interventions * help you to manage your own behaviours to build more effective relationships * reduce the stress experienced by staff and parents who lack confidence in the face of aggressive behaviour. With stress and anger levels amongst young people at an all time high, this second edition of Anger Management is particularly timely. It reflects the significant developments in the field of neuro-psychology and our understanding of the physiology of emotions. It also identifies the significant changes in legislation and guidance that have taken place in education and health and social care over the last decade and explores the implications of these changes for practitioners. Containing information, explanations and practical advice that will enable you to cope with angry behaviour in the best way possible, as well as a range of helpful photocopiable resources, this book will prove invaluable to teachers as well as parents, carers, psychologists, social workers and health care workers.
- Author BiographyAdrian Faupel is Professional and Academic Tutor to the Doctorate in Educational Psychology at the University of Southampton, UK. Elizabeth Herrick is a Consultant Psychologist for Children's Services in Southampton Local Authority, UK. Peter Sharp is Chief Executive at the Centre for Workforce Intelligence (Department of Health) and Director of Learning and Wellbeing at Mouchel Management and Consulting, UK.
- Author(s)Adrian Faupel,Elizabeth Herrick,Peter M. Sharp
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- elli702531 Aug, 2016by
Best book for psychologists
Fantastic book, full of great techniques and explanations of how to manage anger in young children
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.