All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe First and Second World Wars had a profound effect on all parts of Great Britain, and the comparatively isolated and rural island of Anglesey was exception. Men were recruited and conscripted into the armed forces in large numbers and some parts of Anglesey, such as the port town of Holyhead, sprang to life. Many Anglesey men found themselves in exotic locations all across the world, while others lost their lives on the killing fields of Western Europe during the First World War. Many soldiers wrote letters home describing their experiences: good, bad and downright bizarre. Airships were deployed during the First World War and RAF airbases were established during the Second World War. The wars left a legacy that can still be seen on the island today.
- Author BiographyGeraint Jones is a former chemistry teacher, now retired, and has an interest in local history and photography. This is his third book, having previously written about Anglesey's churches, chapels, and railways.
- Author(s)Geraint Jones
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.