All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis focused concentration and celebration of Anglican life could t be more timely. Debates on sexuality and gender (including women bishops), whether or t the church has a Covenant, or can be a Communion, and how it is ultimately led, are issues that have dominated the ecclesial horizon for several decades. No book on Anglicanism can ever claim to have all the answers to all the questions. However, Martyn Percy's work does offer significant new insights and illumination - highlighting just how rich and reflexive the Anglican tradition can be in living and proclaiming the gospel of Christ. These essays provide some sharply-focused snapshots of contemporary Anglicanism, and cover many of the crucial issues affecting Anglicans today, such as the nature of mission and ministry, theological training and formation, and ecclesial identity and leadership. Church culture is often prey to contemporary fads and fashion. Percy's work calls Anglicanism to deeper discipleship; to attend to its roots, identity and shape; and to inhabit the world with a faith rooted in commitment, confidence and Christ.
- Author BiographyMartyn Percy was Principal of Ripon College, Cuddesdon, from 20104-14. He is a Professor of Theological Education at King's College London and Professorial Research Fellow at Heythrop College, University of London. He writes on Christianity and contemporary culture, modern ecclesiology and practical theology. His recent books include Thirty-Nine Articles: An Anglican Landscape of Faith (Canterbury Press, 2013) and Anglicanism: Confidence, Commitment and Communion (Ashgate, 2013). He was recently described in the journal Theology as the British Theologian who is closest to being a 'missionary anthropologist'. In 2014, he was appointed Dean of Christ Church, Oxford.
- Author(s)Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Ecclesiology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight448 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Series Edited byRev. Thomas Hughson,Professor Bruce Kaye,Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.