Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a work of considerable strategic importance for the ecumenical movement and for the Anglican Communion. It describes and interprets Anglican understanding of the Christian Church, from the Reformation to the present day. This book presents the development of Anglican identity and ecclesiology in its historical context, focusing particularly on Anglican engagement with the Roman Catholic and Protestant traditions. The book also provides substantial accounts of the major Anglican theologians, from Richard Hooker to modern writers. In this new and expanded edition, Paul Avis includes discussions of the influence of evangelical theology and reflects on the integrity of Anglicanism for the future.
- Author BiographyThe Rev Dr Paul Avis is General Secretary of the Church of England's Council for Christian Unity, Sub-Dean of Exeter Cathedral and Director of the Centre for the Study of the Christian Church, and is the author of several books.
- Author(s)Rev. Dr. Paul D. L. Avis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/09/2002
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight634 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.