All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis TWtD book covers British cars powered by American engines and American cars fitted with British power plants, all built from the 1930s to 1970s. Many of the American-powered British makes offered for sale were often built with everything from trials and rallies to road racing in mind. For enthusiasts, the American V8 in a British chassis provided fast, reliable touring at a fraction of the cost. In contrast, the American cars fitted with British power plants were often designed with ecomy in mind. Brochures, period literature, road test info of the day, factory press kits and over sixty colour photos of restored examples provide detailed shots of the engines and styling that set these Anglo-American cars apart. Decade by decade information allows for direct comparison.
- Author BiographyOf British descent, Norm Mort was raised in Toronto where vehicles from every corner of the world were sold. He began taking pictures of old cars parked at the side of the road before he was ten. Norm was the youngest member on the executive of the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada, Toronto Chapter. In the 1960s he began accumulating photos and information on Anglo-American marques. He restored a 1949 Allard M-Type, and hopes to add a Jensen Interceptor to his collection in the future. A writer for car magazines and newspapers for the past 20 years, this is his third book on automotive history.
- Author(s)Norm Mort
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/12/2009
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleThose Were the Days...
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight318 g
- Width190 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.