All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the interest in recent years in Celtic spirituality, Paul Cavill's book looks at the impact of Christianity on the pagan Germanic peoples who invaded Britain from the 5th century onwards. Drawing on historical and archeological evidence, he paints a vivid picture of Anglo-Saxon culture and belief, contrasting this with the Celtic world view, and explaining how the powerful warrior code of the Anglo-Saxon peoples became merged with new Christian values. Quotes from Anglo-Saxon literature include the epic Beowulf , and The Dream of the Rood along with Caedmon's Hymn to Creation , a translation of Psalm 136 and numerous miracle stories.
- Author BiographyPaul Cavill is a lecturer in English and research fellow for the English Place-Name Society for School of English Studies at the University of Nottingham. He is also the author of Anglo-Saxon Christianity and Vikings. He resides in Leicester, England, with his wife and their two children.
- Author(s)Paul Cavill
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/07/1999
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/02/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.