All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the interest in recent years in Celtic spirituality, Paul Cavill's book looks at the impact of Christianity on the pagan Germanic peoples who invaded Britain from the 5th century onwards. Drawing on historical and archeological evidence, he paints a vivid picture of Anglo-Saxon culture and belief, contrasting this with the Celtic world view, and explaining how the powerful warrior code of the Anglo-Saxon peoples became merged with new Christian values. Quotes from Anglo-Saxon literature include the epic Beowulf , and The Dream of the Rood along with Caedmon's Hymn to Creation , a translation of Psalm 136 and numerous miracle stories.
- Author BiographyPaul Cavill is a lecturer in English and research fellow for the English Place-Name Society for School of English Studies at the University of Nottingham. He is also the author of Anglo-Saxon Christianity and Vikings. He resides in Leicester, England, with his wife and their two children.
- Author(s)Paul Cavill
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/07/1999
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/02/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.