All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than forty years Angola has faced conflict. From 1961-1975, there was the struggle for independence from Portuguese rule. This was followed by a period of civil war which, in one form or ather, extended until 2001, when the UNITA leader Jonas Savimbi was killed in an ambush. This led to a cease-fire, armistice and peace. As a result of these 40 years of war the country has suffered a terrible legacy of unexploded mines and other weapons. Photographer Sean Sutton, who works alongside MAG (Mines Advisory Group) has recorded the impact that this has had on the country and its people, as well the work of those clearing the mines. MAG has been working in Angola for more than 10 years, clearing tens of thousands of landmines and items of unexploded ordnance. The book is introduced by Heather Mills who is a patron of MAG and has campaigned vigorously on the issue of landmines. There is also a text by the rewned photojournalist Tim Page whose photographs during the Vietnam War were published worldwide. Page is the subject of many documentaries, two films and the author of nine books. Lou McGrath, Director of MAG, contributes a further text contextualising the work of landmine clearance.
- Author BiographyFor the past nine years Sean has travelled with MAG's projects, from Kosovo to Sri Lanka and Iraq, Lebanon and Sudan, documenting the humanitarian impact of landmines, unexploded ordnance (UXO), small arms and other deadly remnants of conflict and the solutions that MAG provides. His work has been exhibited throughout Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa, including at the prestigious Heather Mills is a patron of MAG and has campaigned vigorously on the issue of landmines. Tim Page is a renowned photojournalist whose photographs during the Vietnam War were published worldwide. Page is the subject of many documentaries, two films and the author of nine books.
- Author(s)Heather Mills,Sean Sutton,Tim Page
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication03/02/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Content Note86 duotone photographs
- Weight1021 g
- Width240 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.