All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the earliest years of his marriage, Paul Hegstrom handled his problems and frustrations the only way he knew how: with fists and fury. Talking about the problem only intensified his rage. Going into the Christian ministry didn't help either, the guilt merely magnified his despair. Facing a charge of attempted murder and a prison term, Hegstrom got the wake-up call he needed. With professional help and an intense struggle with spiritual issues, he began the lengthy process of healing and recovery.Through a fascinating, yet thorough examination of the psychological components of various types of abuse, along with true examples from his own life and others, Hegstrom points the way back to wholeness and freedom. An invaluable aid for the man who batters, the woman who feels trapped, and the pastor, counselor, or friend who desperately wants to help them both, Angry Men and the Women Who Love Them offers straight answers for those willing to overcome the cycle of violence. The revised and updated edition includes a new chapter that discusses the physiological and psychological changes in the brain when abuse occurs.
- Author BiographyPaul Hegstrom is the founder of Life Skills International, a program designed to teach life skills to individuals with unacceptable behaviors and enhance family relationships through nurturing character and maturity. Paul holds a Bachelor of Science degree in pastoral counseling and a Ph.D. in marriage and family therapy. He is a certified cognitive behavioral therapist with the National Board of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists and has been featured by such national media as USA Today, Focus on the Family, The 700 Club, The Montel Williams Show, and The Coral Ridge Hour. Paul and Judy Hegstrom's story was featured in the 1995 CBS movie, Unforgivable: The Life Story of Paul Hegstrom, which starred John Ritter.
- Author(s)Paul Hegstrom
- PublisherLillenas Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLillenas Publishing
- Weight195 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.