All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal Architects masterfully investigates how the structure an animal builds reveals the inner workings of its mind. Beginning with instinct and the simple homes of solitary insects, and progressing to conditioning, the cognitive map, and the role of planning and insight, James and Carol Gould use the amazing engineering feats throughout the animal world to reach fascinating conclusions about animals' behavioral capabilities. From two of the world's most distinguished experts in animal behavior, Animal Architects is a creative and accessible approach to understanding animal minds through the structures they build.
- Author BiographyJames L. Gould is Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at Princeton University and one of the world's leading experts in animal behavior. His books include Ethology: The Mechanisms and Evolution of Behavior, the leading textbook on its subject; and the last three editions of William T. Keeton's Biological Science, one of the leading introductory textbooks of biology for undergraduates. With Carol Grant Gould he was written The Animal Mind and The Honey Bee, both considered classic books on animal behavior for lay audiences. They live in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Carol Grant Gould,James L. Gould
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Note30 b/w illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.