All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect study companion, Animal Biology and Care, 3rd Edition is specifically designed for students on animal care, animal nursing assistant and veterinary care assistant courses. This edition is fully updated with new course content, a refreshed design and colour illustrations throughout. Basic biological theory is introduced with diagrams for visual learners while photographs demonstrate the common practical procedures carried out by animal care assistants. Key features include: * New content on exotic species, recognising the increasing number of these animals kept as pets. * Extensive coverage of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and recent advances in animal welfare. * Written in line with course curricula, chapter summaries help you to remember key points and learning objectives. * A companion website has interactive MCQs to help you test your kwledge. Divided into three main sections covering animal science and genetics, health and husbandry and nursing procedures, this book will help lay the foundations for a successful career in animal care and management!
- Author BiographySue Dallas VN Cert. Ed. is a qualified veterinary nurse, and has worked in veterinary schools and veterinary practices in the UK and in North America. She has taught on both veterinary nursing and animal care courses for over 22 years and has been involved in a number of educational and examination developments in the UK and New Zealand. Sue has spoken at veterinary congresses both in the UK and around the world, promoting nursing and care of animals through training and education. Emily Jewell BSc (Hons), MSc, Cert. Ed. is a Curriculum Area Manager in Animal Management at Reaseheath College in Nantwich, Cheshire. Emily graduated from the University of Leeds in 1995 with a BSc (Hons) in Animal Science. After working in a land-based college in Wiltshire for 7 years, she returned to study and graduated from Harper Adams University College in 2003 with an MSc in Animal Health and Welfare. Emily has taught across a range of subjects and has had responsibility for many different species. Emily has also previously worked as an External Verifier in Animal Management for the awarding body Edexcel.
- Author(s)Emily Jewell,Sue Dallas
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationQueensland
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight820 g
- Width188 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.