All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced biomedical techniques such as genetic engineering are w used extensively in animal related research and development. As the pace of development has quickened, there has been growing public anxiety about the ethical issues involved. Animal Biotechlogy and Ethics draws together in one book some of the leading themes and issues which have emerged in the recent debates surrounding biotechlogy as applied to animals. With contributions from authors of many different viewpoints, the subject is given a thorough and balanced treatment. Among those to whom the book will be of particular interest are practitioners of animal biotechlogy, and those whose interest lies in assessing its credentials, such as philosophers and social or political scientists. It also has a great deal to interest policy-makers and pressure groups, as well as more general readers. The strong chapters on the legal and regulatory framework will make it useful to those involved in advising on company policy, patenting or litigation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight563 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlan J. Holland,Andrew Johnson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.