All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal Ethics has long been a highly contested area with debates driven by unease about various forms of animal harm, from the use of animals in scientific research to the farming of animals for consumption. Animal Ethics: The Basics is an essential introduction to the key considerations surrounding the ethical treatment of animals. Taking a thematic approach, it outlines the current arguments from animal agency to the emergence of the 'political turn'. This book explores such questions as: * Can animals think and do they suffer? * What do we mean by speciesism? * Are humans special? * Can animals be political or moral agents? * Is animal rights protest ethical? Including outlines of the key arguments, suggestions for further reading and a glossary of key terms, this book is an essential read for philosophy students and readers approaching the contested field of Animal Ethics for the first time.
- Author BiographyTony Milligan is a lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Hertfordshire, UK.
- Author(s)Tony Miligan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.