All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving in groups has been an animal survival strategy for millions of years. Animal Life in Groups explores the social lives of insects, meerkats, primates, and others, with a special emphasis on how such packs compare to one ather and how they benefit individual members. From hives to shellfish herds to complex cultures, the intricacies of community living are both amazing and instructive about the evolution of behavior, cooperation, intelligence, and emotions.
- Author BiographyToney Allman has written more than 30 nonfiction books for young readers. She holds two psychology degrees: a bachelor of science from Ohio State University and a master of arts from the University of Hawaii. One of her first assignments as a new graduate student was to observe gorilla behavior in the Honolulu Zoo.
- Author(s)Toney Allman
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & illustrations, sidebars, bibliography, glossary, further reading with web sites, index
- Weight413 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.