All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeart-warming, funny and moving, this is the inspirational story of one woman's work with animals, first training them for film-work, and then developing a sanctuary for abandoned animals and rescuing them. Carolyn Press-McKenzie runs an organisation called HUHANZ 'Helping You Help Animals' as well as two animal sanctuaries, and her years of working with animals have given her many warm, funny and sad stories to tell. This memoir tells her story, and is interwoven with heart-warming stories of animals she has rescued, trained and loved. She writes with a lovely gentle sense of humour and perfectly pitched comic timing. It's a charming mix of one woman's drive to follow her passion, along with great animal stories both happy and sad - but that are ultimately happy-ever-after stories.
- Author BiographyCarolyn runs a facebook page (HUHANZ Helping You Help Animals), that connects people so that they can rehome abandoned animals. They rehomed numerous animals after the Christchurch earthquakes, and regularly rehome animals from medical labs and battery farms as well as ex-circus animals. Carolyn runs a not-for-profit animal sanctuary just north of Wellington, she trained as a vet nurse, ran a company called Animal Actors, studied herbalism, was the animal expert on TV One's Good Morning, and is highly regarded by the animal lover community.
- Author(s)Carolyn Press-McKenzie
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.