All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes experimental animal models that mimic common human ocular diseases: herpetic keratitis, cataract, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retipathy, uveitis, retinitis pigmentosa, Graves' disease, and intraocular tumors. In conjunction, these models reflect the diversity and utility of tools used to study human disease. World expert clinicians discuss each model based on their clinical experience and the text is supported by numerous photos and diagrams. In describing the most pertinent animal models of ophthalmic diseases, this book will be of interest to ophthalmologists, vision researchers, fellows, residents and medical students.
- Author BiographyChi-Chao Chan, MD, graduated from the School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md., in 1975. She completed a residency in the Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine and then became a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute and a second Post-Doctoral Fellow at the National Eye Institute. Since 1992 she has been Chief of the Section on Immunopathology, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md., and in 1999 she was also appointed Chief of the Histology Core at the institute. Dr. Chan has received numerous awards, including an American Academy of Ophthalmology Senior Achievement Award in 2013 and in 2011 she was named an ARVO (Association for Research in Vision Ophthalmology) Gold Fellow. Since 1998 she has been the Honorary Director of the Eye Research Institute, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China. Between 2007 and 2012 she was an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and from 2008 to 2011, a Visiting Professor at Peking Union Medical College (PUMC), Beijing, China. Dr. Chan is an active member of many societies in the field of ophthalmology. She is an editorial board member for many journals, including the Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Ophthalmic Inflammation & Infection and the Journal of Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology and from 2007 to 2014 was a Section Editor for the British Journal of Ophthalmology. She is the lead or co-author of more than 600 articles in peer-reviewed journals and co-author of Primary Intraocular Lymphoma (World Scientific Publishing Co., 2007).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleEssentials in Ophthalmology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byChi-Chao Chan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.