All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wanted to have a cat for a pet, a very large cat? Need ather player for cricket? How about Scruffy, the dog? How cute are Penguins? What would you do to help save one? A very wet kitten and an even wetter goldfish, will they stay in the family? A wonderful collection of heartfelt stories all about pets and animals. Tai's Penguin - Raewyn Caisley (illustrated by Ann James). Tai fins a little penguin lying on the beach. It needs help. But what can Tai do? Poor Fish! - Jane Godwin (illustrated by David Mackintosh). It's Saturday morning. Auskick starts soon. But there's something wrong with Brendan's Fish...Tim & Tig - Victor Kelleher (Illustrated by Judy Watson). Tim's birthday present from his Aunt Ethel is a kitten. A very LARGE kitten. Scruffy's Day Out - Rachel Flynn (illustrated by Jocelyn Bell). Dad saves a scruffy little dog from being ruver. But whose dog is it? No Cat - and That's That! - Bruce Dawe (illustrated by Andrew McLean). Can Sam ever persuade her dad to let her have a cat?
- Author BiographyRachel Flynn was born in Bacchus Marsh (Victoria) on her parents eleventh wedding anniversary. Her mother always told her that she was the best present she ever received. At three years old Rachel was one of the first students at the new kindergarten, then attended Bacchus Marsh Primary School and High School. At 17 she went to Ballarat to train as a teacher, and taught in primary schools in Melbourne before having two children. Since then she has written several books for children and studied for two degrees, a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Education. She currently teaches at the Council of Adult Education (Melbourne) in the Professional Writing and Editing course. The two children have grown up and both attend RMIT University in Melbourne. After years of wondering who would give away a baby as an anniversary present, Rachel finally asked her mother and found out that she hadn't literally been a present at all, just a surprise. Rachel Flynn is well known for her hugely successful I Hate Fridays series including I Hate Fridays, It s Not Fair, Worried Sick, I Can't Waitand Messing Around. Some of these books have been shortlisted for several awards chosen by children themselves. Sacked, illustrated by Craig Smith, and Whisper Wild, Freedom Child (illustrated by Anna Pignataro) were both published in 2000. The Goat, the Duck
- Author(s)Jane Godwin
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAussie Nibbles
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- Weight434 g
- Width131 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.