All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionMahatma Gandhi said, The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Since civil societies are ruled by law, they can be evaluated, both figuratively and literally, by how animals are treated in the criminal justice system. This book depicts animals' roles within society and the laws that govern how humans treat them. Carmen M. Cusack focuses on current issues in human-animal relationships and how these are affected by the criminal justice system. Her analysis, while objective, is rooted in first-hand activist, professional, legal, and criminal justice experience. She presents a comprehensive overview of the place of animals and the law, including pets in prison, K-9 units, constitutional rights, animal sacrifice, wild animals, entertainment, domestic violence, rehabilitation, history, and religion. She includes information about law, behavioural and social science, systemic responses and procedure, anecdotal evidence, current events, and theoretical considerations. Animals and Criminal Justice is a useful handbook and a thorough textbook, as well as a practical guide to animals' relationships with the criminal justice system. Professionals, including police, child protective services, judges, animal control officers, and corrections staff, as well as scholars in the fields of criminal justice and crimilogy will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyCarmen M. Cusack earned a PhD in criminal justice, specializing in behavioural science, from Nova Southeastern University, USA where she originated the course Animals in Criminal Justice. She earned a JD from Florida International University, USA. She is the author of Pornography and the Criminal Justice System.
- Author(s)Carmen M. Cusack
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.