All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Africa's Kruger National Park is one of the largest and most diverse conservation areas in Africa, and a hugely popular visitor attraction. Animals of Kruger National Park is a compact and beautifully illustrated guide, and the essential companion for any safari to the region. With an eye-catching design, authoritative and accessible text and easy-to-use format, this detailed photographic guide provides information on identification, habitat, behaviour, biology and conservation for all the mammals, reptiles and frogs likely to be seen. Introductory sections provide background information on the park and its habitats, when to visit and where to go, and other practical considerations that will help to enhance your understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of the animals of this incredible region. * The essential all-in-one Kruger safari companion, ideal for all visitors * Unique and attractive layout, featuring 216 stunning colour photographs, 116 track (spoor) illustrations and two maps * Covers 57 mammals, 17 reptiles and eight frogs * Features the 'Big 5'--elephants, leopards, lions, rhiceroses and buffalos--as well as other iconic and charismatic animals * Provides key information on identification, behaviour, biology and conservation
- Author BiographyKeith Barnes, a native of South Africa, is a founder and director of Tropical Birding--a birdwatching, wildlife and photography tour operator. He holds a PhD in zoology from the University of Cape Town and is a coauthor of the companion volume, Birds of Kruger National Park (Princeton WILDGuides), and Birding Ethiopia, among other books. He grew up in the bushveld of the Magaliesberg and fondly remembers his early visits to Kruger National Park.
- Author(s)Keith Barnes
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleWildguides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note200+ color photos.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.