All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapanese animation has been given fulsome academic commentary in recent years. However, there is arguably a need for a more philosophically consistent and theoretically integrated engagement. While this book covers the key thinkers of contemporary aesthetic theory, it aims to reground reflection on anime within the aesthetics of R.G. Collingwood.
- Author BiographyAlistair Swale is Senior Lecturer in the School of Arts at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Following on from his earlier research in Japanese intellectual history, which culminated in the book The Meiji Restoration: Monarchism, Mass Communication and Conservative Revolution (2009), he has been exploring the role of contemporary popular culture texts in negotiating historical memory and nostalgia. In addition to the current work, he has more recently been working on aspects of interactive media and digital culture.
- Author(s)Alistair D. Swale
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight353 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.