All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers unique and fresh perspectives upon the literary productions of one of the most highly remunerated and widely admired authors of the Romantic period, Ann Radcliffe (1764-1823). While drawing upon, consolidating and enriching the critical impulses reflected in Radcliffe scholarship to date, this collection of essays, composed by a range of rewned scholars of the Romantic period, also foregrounds the hitherto neglected aspects of the author's work. Radcliffe's relations to Romantic-era travel writing; the complex political ideologies that lie behind her historiographic endeavours; her poetry and its relation to institutionalised forms of Romanticism; and her literary connections to eighteenth-century women's writing are all examined in this collection. Offering fresh considerations of the well-kwn Gothic fictions and extending the appreciation of Radcliffe in new critical directions, the collection reappraises Radcliffe's full oeuvre within the wider literary and political contexts of her time.
- Author BiographyDale Townshend is Senior Lecturer in Gothic and Romantic Literature at the University of Stirling, Scotland. His most recent publications include Macbeth: A Critical Reader (co-edited with John Drakakis, 2013) and The Gothic World (co-edited with Glennis Byron, 2013). Angela Wright is a Senior Lecturer in Romantic Literature at the University of Sheffield and is currently Co-President of the International Gothic Association. She is author of Britain, France and the Gothic, 1764-1820 (Cambridge, 2013) and Gothic Fiction: A Reader's Guide to Essential Criticism (2007).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAngela Wright,Dale Townshend
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.03Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.