All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes and evaluates Anna Seghers' literary production in Mexican exile from 1941 to 1947, focusing on the historical and psychological factors which influenced her writing. For many European exiles Mexico meant refuge and the opportunity to resume political anti-fascist activity. Anna Seghers was instrumental in founding and guiding communist-led projects in Mexico, such as the monthly cultural and political magazine, Freies Deutschland, the political organizations, the Bewegung Freies Deutschland and the Lateinamerikanisches Komitee der Freien Deutschen, the Heinrich Heine-Klub, and the publishing house, El Libro Libre.
- Author(s)Kathleen J LaBahn
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1986
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 1: Germanic Languages and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1986
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight400 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.