All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1864-9, and still a standard reference work, this five-volume collection contains editions of key source texts for medieval English history, focusing mainly on the thirteenth century. Compiled in monasteries over many years, they record local, national and international events in chrological order, sometimes surprisingly briefly and at other times in great detail. The coverage includes aristocratic marriages and deaths, royal visits, conflicts and power struggles, appointments and acquisitions, astromical observations, natural disasters, crimes and punishments. The editor, Henry Richards Luard (1825-91), an influential Cambridge clergyman and University Administrator, provided introductions to the Latin texts, and sidetes in English indicating their content. Volume 4 (1869) contains the Annals of Osney (in Oxford) for 1016-1347, the closely related Chronicle ascribed to Thomas Wykes, covering 1066-1289, and the Annals of Worcester Priory, copied in the early fourteenth century from various sources, and containing additions to 1377.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight980 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byHenry Richards Luard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.