All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe only definitive biography of Jeff Beck - the groundbreaking guitarist who changed the sound of rock music in 1965 and still pushes its boundaries today. Jeff Beck has been reinventing psychedelic rock, heavy metal, jazz-rock, and more for 35 years. In fact, it was Beck's pioneering guitar work in the mid-'60s that yielded effects and techniques usually associated with such legends as Jimi Hendrix: feedback, distortion, modal scales, two-handed fretting, the voice box, and creating melody with harmonics and the whammy bar. This well-researched portrait reflects Beck's astonishing achievements within the musical landscape of the times, and explains his rewned disregard for artistic trends and stylistic conventions. Exploring his incarnations before and with the Yardbirds, the Jeff Beck Group and beyond, the book reveals Beck's relationships with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Rod Stewart, the Rolling Stones, and many other great musicians. An in-depth musical and personal exploration, it describes Beck's favorite guitars and uncanny techniques, passion for hot rods and rockabilly, collaborations ranging from Dovan to Tina Turner, landmark solo and instrumental work, love of animals, and more.
- Author BiographyAnnette Carson was a booking agent in London during Beck's rise to frame with the Yardbirds. She later worked as a program manager for Thames TV, and has written three books on aviation. Carson currently freelances as an author and advertising copywriter, for which she has won 18 awards.
- Author(s)Annette Carson
- PublisherBackbeat Books
- Date of Publication24/05/2001
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight437 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.