All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Anni Matthews was diagsed with cancer, she decided to do something really valuable with the experience: she produced a book that is a friendly companion for those who must face the disease. Of huge practical help to anyone diagsed with cancer and those who care for them, this book is a one-stop guide to making sense and use of the orthodox treatments, complementary therapies, and psychological, spiritual and holistic options available. Subjects ranging from the most current major advances in treatments and diagsis to the small but effective ways of relieving the side-effects are explained clearly and concisely, often with humour and always with warmth. Written by a bright, articulate woman, who was determined to have an informed say in what happened to her, Anni's Cancer Companion marks a new generation of books about cancer. It is that rare thing: a reference book that is human.
- Author BiographyAnni Matthews was a city executive in charge of running a busy property development company in London. Following her diagnosis and research, she became a dedicated spokesperson for cancer sufferers, lecturing to Glaxo Smith Kline staff and Women's Institutes, as well as being an active trustee of Penny Brohn Cancer Care (formerly Bristol Cancer Help Centre). She fielded countless phone calls from anxious cancer patients and friends, providing answers to a spectrum of questions and worries, her philosophy always being 'think positive challenge, not negative acceptance'.
- Author(s)Anni Matthews
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byKarol Sikora
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.