All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 10th edition of this well kwn reference book provides the full text of the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act as at 1 April 2014, together with comprehensive antations, organised on a section-by-section basis, covering all significant decisions of the High Court, the Federal Court and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on the Act. The book has up-to-date discussion of recent litigation concerning the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act, including reasonable administrative action taken in a reasonable manner , liability for injuries in the course of employment (Comcare v PVYW  HCA 41), and construction of the approved Guide. It also includes a list of all legislative instruments published in the Gazette or entered in the Register of Legislative Instruments, and consideration of military compensation arrangements under the Act where the date of injury was before 1 July 2004. Canberra barrister Allan Anforth has contributed an expanded Practitioner's Guide aimed at claimants under the Act and their advocates.
- Author BiographyPeter Sutherland is a Visiting Fellow at the ANU College of Law and a solicitor and Director of SoftLaw Community Projects in Canberra. He is the editor of the book series Social Security and Family Assistance Law (with Allan Anforth - now out of print), Annotated Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and co-author of Veterans' Entitlements Law (with Robin Creyke). John Ballard was the statutory member of the Compensation Tribunal between 1975 and 1981, and was appointed to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal as a Senior Member when that Tribunal took over responsibility for Commonwealth compensation matters. He is a Barrister-at-Law of the Middle Temple and a Barrister and Solicitor in Victoria and the ACT. He also served in the Commonwealth Public Service, including a period as Deputy Secretary of the Department of Interior. Allan Anforth is a barrister at the ACT Bar who practises nationally in federal administrative law, employment law, human rights and welfare law generally.
- Author(s)John Oman Ballard,Peter Sutherland
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight1060 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.