All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis spectacular new book of underwater macrophotography by Dos Winkel presents nature's most extreme paint palette - that of the World's coral reefs. The photographs in this book focus on the incredible colours, patterns and textures to be found - but more often missed - on coral reefs. The accompanying text provides fascinating information, accessible to everyone from the seasoned diver or marine biologist to the armchair adventurers among us. In these texts, we are told about the formation of the reefs, the huge variety of organisms that make their life, and often give life to, the reefs, and how crucial the reefs are to the well-being of t only the islands protected by them, but also the World as a whole. Technical information is also provided, detailing the tools and techniques used in capturing the incredible images in the book, and each image is then captioned with its subject (including common and Latin names), size, location and depth. Ather World will appeal to a wide range of readers - divers, aquarists, photographers and even textile designers t to mention, of course, anyone interested in nature.
- Author BiographyDos Winkel was born in Haarlem, The Netherlands. He and his wife, Bertie have an extraordinary passion for nature. They have travelled to, and photographed every one of the five continents of the world, from the Amazonian rainforest to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Dos' images have been published in dozens of magazines including BBC Wildlife and National Geographic. He has published six books on the marine and natural environment of the Dutch Antilles - where he used to live. Dos and Bertie are also successful documentary makers, receiving many international awards for their work. Foreword by Jean-Michel Cousteau.
- Author(s)Dos Winkel
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Books
- Content Note114 colour illustrations
- Width290 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.