Ansel Adams in Yosemite Valley: Celebrating the Park at 150 by Peter Galassi (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA magnificent deluxe, oversized book timed for the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's signing of the Yosemite Grant, an event that laid the groundwork for the National Parks system. Ansel Adams first visited Yosemite in 1916, at the age of fourteen and returned every year throughout his life. It was in Yosemite that he fell in love with Western wilderness and became a photographer; he took more photographs at Yosemite than at any other place. Roughly 150 breathtaking images are exquisitely reproduced in this large-format clothbound book. There are table portraits of El Capitan, Half Dome, Cathedral Rocks, Royal Arches, and other distinctive rock formations that frame the valley; grand views in all seasons and all states of weather; intimate details of nature from the Valley floor; the waterfalls - Bridaveil, Yosemite, Vernal, Nevada; studies of trees, from the giants of the Mariposa Grove to the exquisite white blossoms of the dogwood. There are gathering and clearing storms, sw and ice, bright sunshine, and the subtle shades of dawn and dusk. The photographs have been selected and sequenced by Peter Galassi, who was Chief Curator of Photography at the Museum of Modern Art, New York from 1991 to 2011. His abundantly illustrated introduction sets Adam's pictures within the rich history of imagery of Yosemite.
- Author BiographyPeter Galassi was a curator in the Department of Photography at The Museum of Modern Art, New York, for thritty yearsm including twenty as Chief Curator, from 1991 to 2011, He organised or co-organised more than forty exhibitions and countless collection displays at MoMA, many of which were accompanied by major publications. He was tice a fellow in the Department of European Paintings at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and has won the Eric Mitchell Prize and the International Centre of Photography award for excellence in writing. In 2012 he was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship for a study of photography's vernacular and modernist traditions. Ansel Adams (1902 - 1984) was the most honoured American photographer of the twentieth century. Through the exhibition and publication of his work, his writings, and his leadership in the Sierra Club, Adams was also a prescient and highly effective voice in the fight to preserve America's remaining wilderness.
- Author(s)Peter Galassi
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Note25 4-colour photos125 duotone photos
- Weight2376 g
- Width304 mm
- Height352 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.