All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou kw them: they can't get their coats on straight, are easily distracted, impulsive, over- or under-sensitive to sounds, lights, textures, etc. In this book, you'll find tried and true instructions for developing their fine motor, organizing, and motor planning skills, and providing an appropriate Sensory Diet that will benefit all your students. Checklists help you identify students who have difficulty processing sensory information. With up to 20% of the students in any given classroom affected by Sensory Integration Disorder, Answers to Questions is an invaluable resource for teachers of pre-school through high school.
- Author BiographyCarol Kranowitz, MA, has been a preschool teacher for more than twenty-five years. She has developed an innovative program to screen young children for Sensory Processing Disorder, and writes and speaks regularly about the subject. She has an M.A. in Education and Human Development. She is the author of the bestselling book The Out of Sync Child, The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, and other excellent resources. Jane Koomar, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, is owner and executive director of Occupational Therapy Associates - Watertown, in Watertown, MA. There they train university students and therapists in occupational therapy, and treat about 250 clients a week. They diagnose and provide intervention for children, adolescents, and adults with learning disabilities, ADD, fine & gross motor disorders, and autism spectrum disorders. She and her colleagues have also established The Spiral Foundation in 2002, to support continuing research on Sensory Integration Disorder. Stacey Szklut, MS, OTR/L, and Lynn Blazer-Martin, PhD, OTR, are both expert occupational therapists.
- Author(s)Carol Kranowitz,Deanna Iris Sava,Elizabeth Haber,Jane Koomar,Lynn Balzer-Martin,Stacey Szklut
- PublisherSensory World
- Date of Publication15/01/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSensory World
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.