All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy happiness is t the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose. --- Ayn Rand, Anthem This Novella by Ayn Rand was first published in England in 1938. It takes place at some unspecified future date when mankind has entered ather dark age characterized by irrationality, collectivism, and socialistic thinking and ecomics. Techlogical advancement is w carefully planned (when it is allowed to occur at all) and the concept of individuality has been eliminated (for example, the use of the word I is punishable by death). Rand, as a teenager living in Soviet Russia, initially conceived Anthem as a play. This is a vel upholding Rand's central principles of her philosophy and of her heroes: reason, values, volition, individualism.
- Author BiographyAyn Rand (1905 - 1982) Ayn Rand (born Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum; February 2 [O.S. January 20] 1905 - March 6, 1982) was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism.
- Author(s)Ayn Rand
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight114 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.