Anthology For Music In Western Civilization: Romanticism to the Present: v. C by Craig Wright, Timothy J. Roden, Bryan R. Simms (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect companion to MUSIC IN WESTERN CIVILIZATION! With an introduction to, a score for, and lyrics and translation for each piece, ANTHOLOGY FOR MUSIC IN WESTERN CIVILIZATION, VOLUME C: ROMANTICISM TO THE PRESENT enhances your understanding of the major European styles, genres, and composers.
- Author BiographyBryan R. Simms (Bachelor of Arts, Yale University, 1966; Ph.D., Yale University, 1971) has taught since 1976 at the University of Southern California, where he has been director of graduate studies and is currently chair of the department of musicology. He is the recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Fulbright Foundation. He is the author of books and articles on topics in twentieth-century music and music theory, including MUSIC OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY (Schirmer 1996) and, most recently, THE ATONAL MUSIC OF ARNOLD SCHOENBERG, 1908-1923 (Oxford University Press). Craig M. Wright received his Bachelor of Music degree at the Eastman School of Music in 1966 and his Ph.D. in musicology from Harvard University in 1972. He began his teaching career at the University of Kentucky and for the past 40 years has been teaching at Yale University, where he is the Henry L. and Lucy G. Moses Professor of Music as well as Director of Online Education. He teaches his perennially popular introductory course Listening to Music , also part of the offerings of Open Yale Courses, and his selective seminar Exploring the Nature of Genius . The author of numerous scholarly books and articles on composers ranging from Leoninus to Bach, Dr. Wright has also received many awards, including a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Einstein and Kinkeldey Awards of the American Musicological Society, and the Dent Medal of the International Musicological Society. In 2004 he was awarded the honorary degree Doctor of Humane Letters from the University of Chicago, and in 2010 he was elected as a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, joining fellow inductee banjo player Steve Martin. Dr. Wright has also published LISTENING TO MUSIC, CHINESE EDITION (Cengage Learning/Three Union Press, 2012), translated and simplified by Profs. Li Xiujung (China Conservatory, Beijing) and Yu Zhigang (Central Conservatory, Beijing), both of whom worked with Wright at Yale; LISTENING TO MUSIC and LISTENING TO WESTERN MUSIC, Seventh Editions (Cengage Learning, 2015); and MUSIC IN WESTERN CIVILIZATION, MEDIA UPDATE (Cengage Learning, 2010) with coauthor Bryan Simms. He is presently at work on a volume titled MOZART'S BRAIN: EXPLORING THE NATURE OF GENIUS. Timothy J. Roden (Bachelor of Music, Houghton College, 1980; Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1992) teaches music history, world music, survey of music literature, and music appreciation at Ohio Wesleyan University. He received grants from Northwestern University and the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst that allowed him to complete research in Berlin, Germany, on German orchestral lieder. He has contributed an article on Schumann's lieder to the NATS Journal, is preparing an edition of orchestral lieder for a scholarly press, and has prepared ancillaries to accompany Wright's LISTENING TO MUSIC (Thomson-Schirmer).
- Author(s)Bryan R. Simms,Craig Wright,Timothy J. Roden
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1600 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.