All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of five Catalan folktales, each representing a distinct dialect area. Some of these tales, called rondalles in Catalan, are well-kwn, but others are unique variants. An introduction traces the development of the modern folktales in the Catalan-speaking areas. An extensive bibliography is also included. This is the first collection of Catalan fairytales to be translated into English.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Edward J. Neugaard received his doctorate in Romance Linguistics from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He is currently Professor of Hispanic Linguistics at the University of South Florida. He has published extensively on Hispanic folklore, medieval Catalan literature and Golden Age Spanish literature. His Motif-Index of Medieval Catalan Folktales appeared in 1993.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1995
- Series TitleCatalan Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byEdward J. Neugaard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.