All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthology of Modern American Poetry, Second Edition, contains poems by more than ninety American poets born before 1910, including many who have t been anthologized before. Editor Cary Nelson introduces students to a diverse selection of vital poetry, presenting both canical and lesser-kwn selections by women, mirity, Native American, and progressive writers only rediscovered in the past two decades. In addition to offering the most detailed antations available in an anthology of this type and selected poems in the beautifully illustrated form in which they first appeared, this is also the first collection to give full treatment to American long poems and poem sequences. Ideal for courses in Modern American Poetry, American Literature, Modern Poetry, and American Studies, Anthology of Modern American Poetry introduces students our diverse poetic heritage.
- Author BiographyCary Nelson is Jubilee Professor of Liberal Arts and Sciences and Professor of English at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is the author or editor of 28 books, including Repression and Recovery: Modern American Poetry and The Politics of Cultural Memory, 1910-1945 (1989), which helped revolutionize the study of American poetry.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1024 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byCary Nelson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.