All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Earth has reached a tipping point and we are entering an era of unprecedented turbulence in humanity's relationship within the web of life. But just what is that relationship, and how do we make sense of this extraordinary transition? Anthropocene or Capitalocene? offers answers to these questions. The contributors to this book diagse the problems of Anthropocene thinking and propose an alternative: the global crises of the 21st century are rooted in the Capitalocene; t the Age of Man but the Age of Capital.
- Author BiographyJason W. Moore is the author of Capitalism in the Web of Life: Ecology and the Accumulation of Capital.Elmar Altvater is the author of The Future of the Market: An Essay on the Regulation of Money and Nature after the Collapse of Actually Existing Socialism. Eileen C. Crist is the author of Images of Animals: Anthropomorphism and Animal Mind.Daniel Hartley is the author of The Politics of Style: Marxist Poetics in and beyond Raymond Williams, Terry Eagleton and Fredric Jameson.Christian Parenti is the author of Tropic of Chaos: Climate Change and the New Geography of Violence.
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight279 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJason W. Moore
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.