All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe scholarship of Ulf Hannerz is characterized by its extraordinary breadth and visionary nature. He has contributed to the understanding of urban life and transnational networks, and the role of media, paradoxes of identity and new forms of community, suggesting to see culture in terms of flows rather than as bounded entities. Contributions hor Hannerz' legacy by addressing theoretical, epistemological, ethical and methodological challenges facing anthropological inquiry on topics from cultural diversity policies in Europe to transnational networks in Yemen, and from pottery and literature to multinational corporations.
- Author BiographyThomas Hylland Eriksen is Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo. His research in complex societies ranges from identity politics to the cultural implications of new information technology, and he now studies local responses to global crises. His books include Ethnicity and Nationalism (1993/2010), Engaging Anthropology (2006) and Globalization: The Key Concepts (2007/2014). Christina Garsten is Professor of Social Anthropology at Stockholm University and Professor of Globalization and Organization at Copenhagen Business School. She is also Chair of Stockholm Centre for Organizational Research. Her recent books include Transparency in a New Global Order (2008, co-edited with Monica Lindh de Montoya), and Organisational Anthropology (2013, co-edited with Anette Nyqvist). Shalini Randeria is Professor of Anthropology and Sociology at the Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies. Her research addresses issues of changing contours of law, policy and governance; the interplay between international organizations; and the state and social movements in India. Her recent co-edited volumes include Border Crossings: Grenz- verschiebungen und Grenzuberschreitungen in einer globalisierten Welt (2014) and Jenseits des Eurozentrisumus (2002/2013).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChristina Garsten,Shalini Randeria,Thomas Hylland Eriksen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.