All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropology of Religion: The Basics is an accessible and engaging introductory text organized around key issues that all anthropologists of religion face. This book uses a wide range of historical and ethgraphic examples to address t only what is studied by anthropologists of religion, but how such studies are approached. It addresses questions such as: * How do human agents interact with gods and spirits? * What is the nature of doing religious ethgraphy? * Can the immaterial be embodied in the body, language and material objects? * What is the role of ritual, time, and place in religion? * Why is charisma important for religious movements? * How do global processes interact with religions? With international case studies from a range of religious traditions, suggestions for further reading, and inventive reflection boxes, Anthropology of Religion: The Basics is an essential read for students approaching the subject for the first time.
- Author BiographyJames S. Bielo is Assistant Professor in the Department of Anthropology at Miami University, Ohio, USA.
- Author(s)James S. Bielo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.