Anthrotourist: An Improvised Journey Through Latin America: 2nd Edition by Jason R Old (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthrotourist: An Improvised Journey Through Latin America is the story of one anthrotourist's approach to understand the world around him by learning about the various cultures that inhabit Latin America. Throughout the book, the reader will get insight into the thoughts of t only the people groups of whom the author meets during his travels, but the reader will also get a glimpse into the mindset of the author himself as he attempts to articulate his observations throughout his travels from Honduras to Colombia over the course of three months. According to the author, being an anthrotourist is about leaving your own culture and preconceived tions behind so that you can experience someone else's way of life. It's the constant desire that grows deep in your soul that drives you to want to understand the world around you and the people who inhabit it. It's a window into the lives of people who see life with a different perspective and different pair of eyes. In this extraordinarily insightful, wide-ranging work of ethgraphic observations and adventure, Jason Old takes us on an improvised journey through Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and Colombia, highlighting the unique culture groups, the current political and ecomic climate, and just about everything in between. Anthrotourist: An Improvised Journey Through Latin America presents the reader with a fresh perspective on the art of travel by offering the reader a definition of what it is to be an anthrotourist and to be a part of what the author refers to as anthrotourism.
- Author BiographyJason Old is a full-time professor of Spanish and Latin American Culture at Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida. He is also the CEO and co-founder of The SurfShare, LLC, a surf-sharing social networking platform whose mission is to connect surfers and surf enthusiasts from across the globe to foster more enjoyable surf travel as well as to create economic sustainability in the coastal communities of the developing world. He has earned a Master's degree from the University of South Florida in Latin American, Caribbean and Latino Studies, with concentrations in Anthropology and Spanish-American Literature. When he is not teaching at the university, he travels around Latin America and enjoys the beauties of a region of the world that stole his heart almost 15 years ago. Jason has been fortunate enough to have lived in almost all of the Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America. When he is in Latin America, he is generally involved in one way or another with sport and development projects, field research, and extreme sports. Jason loves to travel and feed his never-ending desire to learn more about other cultures. He currently lives in Tampa, Florida.
- Author(s)Jason R Old
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.27
- AU $13.18Trending at AU $14.73
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.59
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.