All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionViolent and sometimes fatal acts of racial hatred are drawing increasing attention around the nation. Asian American and Asian Canadian authors discuss the impacts of racial crime, exploring the relationship between the physical or verbal acts to issues of ethnic identity, civil rights of immigrants, Internet racism, sexual violence, language and violence, ecomic scapegoating, and police brutality. They offer suggestions for combating hate crime with coalition building and community resisatnce, as well as legal prosecution and police training. The compelling narratives are a valuable resource for courses in Asian American studies, race and ethnic studies, sociology, crimilogy, and for anyone who wants to understand racial violence in North America.
- Author BiographyPatricia Wong Hall has been the director, president, and adviser for several Asian American groups for 14 years. She has been a professor, event planner, and diversity consultant. She is also an artist and a poet. Her fiction and non-fiction works have appeared in Asian Week, The Asian American Encyclopedia, Skin Deep: Women Writing on Color, Culture, and Identity, and other venues. Victor M. Hwang is the managing attorney of the Asian Law Caucus in San Francisco, directing its Hate Violence/Race Relations project, and co-authoring its annual, national audit on anti-Asian violence.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/05/2001
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleCritical Perspectives on Asian Pacific Americans
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight358 g
- Width146 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPatricia Wong Hall,Victor M. Hwang
- Foreword byMary-Woo Sims
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.