All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnti-Black Violence in Twentieth-Century Texas provides an arresting look at the history of violence against African Americans in Texas. From a lynching in Paris at the turn of the century to the 1998 murder of Jasper resident James Byrd Jr., who was dragged to death behind a truck, this volume uncovers the violent side of race relations in the Lone Star State. Historian Bruce A. Glasrud has curated an essential contribution to Texas history and historiography that will also bring attention to a chapter in the state's history that, for many, is still very much a part of the present.
- Author BiographyBruce A. Glasrud is the author, coauthor, or editor of over two dozen books, including Southern Black Women in the Modern Civil Rights Movement, winner of the Liz Carpenter Award for Research in the History of Women.
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBruce A. Glasrud
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.