All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe anti-Masonic movement during the 1820s and 1830s is sometimes related by scholars to the development of the American party system. Certainly individuals migrated to the Kw Nothing and Whig movements and eventually to the incipient Republican party, but more research is needed. No state was more influenced by anti-Masonry than Vermont, where many of the lodges closed their doors because of the hysteria about Masonic influence. So this scarce volume is welcome background to a puzzling period in political history.
- Author BiographyGuillermo De Los Reyes is Associate Professor of Latin American Cultural Studies at the University of Houston. He is the author of Herencias Secretas: Masoneria, politica y sociedad en Mexico (Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, 2009). He holds a Ph.D. and a M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania and a M.A. and B.A. from the Universidad de las Americas-Puebla.
- Author(s)Guillermo de Los Reyes,Lee S Tillotson
- PublisherWestphalia Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestphalia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byGuillermo de Los Reyes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.