All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmail has become an indispensable communication tool in daily life. However, high volumes of spam waste resources, interfere with productivity, and present severe threats to computer system security and personal privacy. This book introduces research on anti-spam techniques based on the artificial immune system (AIS) to identify and filter spam. It provides a single source of all anti-spam models and algorithms based on the AIS that have been proposed by the author for the past decade in various journals and conferences. Inspired by the biological immune system, the AIS is an adaptive system based on theoretical immulogy and observed immune functions, principles, and models for problem solving. Among the variety of anti-spam techniques, the AIS has been highly effective and is becoming one of the most important methods to filter spam. The book also focuses on several key topics related to the AIS, including: * Extraction methods inspired by various immune principles * Construction approaches based on several concentration methods and models * Classifiers based on immune danger theory * The immune-based dynamic updating algorithm * Implementing AIS-based spam filtering systems The book also includes several experiments and comparisons with state-of-the-art anti-spam techniques to illustrate the excellent performance AIS-based anti-spam techniques. Anti-Spam Techniques Based on Artificial Immune System gives practitioners, researchers, and academics a centralized source of detailed information on efficient models and algorithms of AIS-based anti-spam techniques. It also contains the most current information on the general achievements of anti-spam research and approaches, outlining strategies for designing and applying spam-filtering models.
- Author BiographyYing Tan, PhD, is a full professor and PhD advisor in the School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science at Peking University, China. He is also director of the Computational Intelligence Laboratory at Peking University. He received his PhD from Southeast University in Nanjing, China. His research interests include computational intelligence, swarm intelligence, data mining, machine learning, fireworks algorithm, and intelligent information processing for information security. He has published more than 280 papers, has authored or coauthored six books and more than 10 book chapters, and holds three invention patents. He is editor in chief of the International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Pattern Recognition and is an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics and IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems. He is the general chair of the ICSI-CCI 2015 joint conference and ICSI series conference and is a senior member of the IEEE.
- Author(s)Ying Tan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note104 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.