All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionEuropean societies have long been tarnished by racial discrimination, and the game of football is exception. With immigrants arriving from former colonies, European Union member-states, and third-world countries, integration in these two societies has been ascribed significance across the continent. Considering that the conduct of football fans in stadiums reflects-to a certain extent-society as a whole, this book examines the impact of racism upon the popular game. Anti-Racism in European Football provides a critical assessment of the campaigns and related policies of organizations that work to understand racism in football. It explores what has been achieved by the organizations' campaigns, the problems they encountered, and how these were overcome. In its focus on the work that anti-racism organizations carry out, this book's original contributions should appeal to professionals in football-related NGOs, and students and scholars working in social science fields related to racism and sport.
- Author BiographyChristos Kassimeris is chairman of the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and European studies coordinator at European University Cyprus. He is author ofEuropean Football in Black and White: Tackling Racism in Football.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication13/08/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byChristos Kassimeris
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.