All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLondon life just after World War I, devoid of values and moving headlong into chaos at breakneck speed--Aldous Huxley's Antic Hay, like Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, portrays a world of lost souls madly pursuing both pleasure and meaning. Fake artists, third-rate poets, pompous critics, pseudo-scientists, con-men, bewildered romantics, cock-eyed futurists--all inhabit this world spinning out of control, as wildly comic as it is disturbingly accurate. In a style that ranges from the lyrical to the absurd, and with characters whose identities shift and change as often as their names and appearances, Huxley has here invented a vel that bristles with life and energy, what the New York Times called a delirium of sense enjoyment!
- Author BiographyAldous Huxley (1894-1963) is the author of the classic novels Island, Eyeless in Gaza, and The Genius and the Goddess, as well as such critically acclaimed nonfiction works as The Devils of Loudun, The Doors of Perception, and The Perennial Philosophy. Born in Surrey, England, and educated at Oxford, he died in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Aldous Huxley
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width142 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.