All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of antioxidants in sports is controversial due to existing evidence that they both support and hinder athletic performance. Antioxidants in Sport Nutrition covers antioxidant use in the athlete's basic nutrition and discusses the controversies surrounding the usefulness of antioxidant supplementation. The book also stresses how antioxidants may affect immunity, health, and exercise performance. The book contains scientifically based chapters explaining the basic mechanisms of exercise-induced oxidative damage. Also covered are methodological approaches to assess the effectiveness of antioxidant treatment. Biomarkers are discussed as a method to estimate the bioefficacy of dietary/supplemental antioxidants in sports. This book is useful for sport nutrition scientists, physicians, exercise physiologists, product developers, sport practitioners, coaches, top athletes, and recreational athletes. In it, they will find objective information and practical guidance.
- Author BiographyManfred Lamprecht is a medical and exercise scientist at the Medical University of Graz, Austria. He earned a PhD in sports and exercise science at the Karl-Franzens-University of Graz and another PhD in medical science at the Medical University of Graz. Dr. Lamprecht is the president of the Austrian Society for Sport Nutrition and a board member of the European Nutraceutical Association. He is a member of several advisory boards including the Austrian Nutrition Society and the Austrian Society of Probiotic Medicine. He has published numerous scientific articles and served as a referee for more than 20 peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byManfred Lamprecht
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.