All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAntipsychotic medications are a key treatment for schizophrenia and sales of antipsychotic drugs approach $20 billion per year, with fierce marketing between the makers of the drugs. The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health sponsored the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) project to provide independent information about the comparative effectiveness of medications. CATIE was the largest, longest and most comprehensive study of schizophrenia to date. Conducted under rigorous double-blind conditions, Antipsychotic Trials in Schizophrenia presents the definitive archival results of this landmark study. The core of the book consists of chapters focused on specific outcomes that set the CATIE findings in a wider context. Also included are chapters on the design, statistical analyses and implications for researchers, clinicians and policy makers. Psychiatrists, psychiatric researchers, mental health policy makers and those working in pharmaceutical companies will all find this to be essential reading.
- Author BiographyScott Stroup is Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA. He was co-Principal Investigator of the CATIE Schizophrenia Study. Jeffrey A. Lieberman is Chairman, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, Director, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Director, Lieber Center for Schizophrenia Research Psychiatrist-in-Chief at New York Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine161 mm
- Edited byJeffrey A. Lieberman,T. Scott Stroup
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.