All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it was first published a quarter of a century ago, Richard A. Posner's exposition and defence of an ecomic approach to antitrust law was a jeremiad against the intellectual disarray that then characterized the field. As other perspectives on antitrust law have fallen away, Posner's book has played a major role in transforming the field of antitrust law into a body of ecomically rational principles largely in accord with the ideas set forth in the first edition. Today's antitrust professionals may disagree on specific practices and rules, but most litigators, prosecutors, judges and scholars agree that the primary goal of antitrust law should be to promote ecomic welfare, and that ecomic theory should be used to determine how well business practices conform to that goal. In this thoroughly revised edition, Posner explains the ecomic approach to new generations of lawyers and students. He updates and amplifies his approach as it applies to the developments, both legal and ecomic, in the antitrust field since 1976. The new ecomy , for example, has presented a host of difficult antitrust questions, and in an entirely new chapter, Posner explains how the ecomic approach can be applied to new industries, such as software manufacturers, Internet service providers and those that provide communications equipment and services. The antitrust laws are here to stay , Posner writes, and the practical question is how to administer them better - more rationally, more accurately, more expeditiously, more efficiently . This fully revised classic should continue to be a standard work in the field.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Posner is a judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and a senior lecturer in law at the University of Chicago Law School. His many books on the application of economics to law include Economic Analysis of Law, now in its fifth edition.
- Author(s)Richard A. Posner
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2001
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight560 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.