All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionViruses and RNAi share an intricate relationship at many levels. RNAi is an important antiviral defense mechanism in plants and invertebrates, microRNAs - of viral or cellular origin - affect many aspects of virus biology, and replication of many, if t all, mammalian viruses can be suppressed by RNAi. Antiviral RNAi: Concepts, Methods, and Applications provides a collection of protocols for the analysis of viral small RNAs and natural antiviral RNAi responses as well as for the development and optimization of RNAi-based antiviral drugs. As RNAi is a central regulatory mechanism in the cell, the methods in this volume can also be applied out of the context of a virus infection. Divided into five convenient parts, this detailed volume reviews important basic concepts in the field of antiviral RNAi, provides experimental and bio-informatic tools for the analysis of small silencing RNAs, covers methods to biochemically dissect RNAi-based antiviral defense and viral counter-defense mechanisms, describes methods for the design, expression, and delivery of therapeutic antiviral siRNAs, and finally presents geme-wide RNAi approaches for the identification of factors involved in virus replication. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Antiviral RNAi: Concepts, Methods, and Applications serves as an ideal guide for both vice and experienced researchers alike striving to dissect the role of RNAi in the viral life cycle or to further boost the development of vel therapeutics and experimental tools based on RNAi techlogy.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/03/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number721
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight986 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRonald P. van Rij
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.