Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionNero had been dead for six months and Rome was a changed city. His butterfly world had vanished before a bookkeeping emperor in his seventies, and Rome would have to wait for Galba's death before the glamorous people could return. In one respect, however, Roman life would never change. An heiress who could combine the blest breeding with impressive wealth was always an important political pawn and Antonia's ancestry and assets were the most impeccable in Rome. Antonia was twenty and had already been tactically betrothed four times when Piso was presented to her as her future husband. Piso, the returned exile with his way to make, was correct and passionless and perhaps the next emperor. There was also Ortho with his charm and his flair for living and his elegant friends -- very much the sort of man girls like Antonia were warned against. While in Germany the legions were restive, and Vespasian waited in Judea, thing in the political arena had any certainty; while Rome, like a courtesan, bowed to the possessor of the moment.
- Author BiographyBrenda Jagger was writer of historical fiction, best known for her three-part Barforth family saga. Jagger was born in Yorkshire, which was the setting for many of her books including Barforth. The recurring central themes of her work are marriage, womanhood, class, identity, and money in the Victorian Era. Her work has been praised for its compelling plots and moving storylines as well as its exacting emotional descriptions. Her later novel A Song Twice Over won the Romantic Novel of the Year Award in 1986.
- Author(s)Brenda Jagger
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.