All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $16.80Free postage
- AU $17.27Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAntonio Gaudi (1852-1926) is one of the best-kwn architects of the 20th century. Even today, some 75 years after Gaudi's death, his playful, exuberant buildings continue to influence architects, sculptors, and designers. Perhaps most identified with the dynamic, sculptural facades found on his structures, Gaudi is respected as much for his techlogical invations as for his daring style. In this enlightening, portable volume, a concise, kwledgeable text by the director of the Catedra Gaudi at the University of Barcelona is brilliantly illustrated with 200 images by a gifted architectural photographer to provide a new perspective on Gaudi's remarkable career. The author traces all the influences that led to the architect's definitive style, from his fascination with the Orient and Neogothicism to his love of naturalism and geometric forms. Here is the full range of his oeuvre, from the invative residences for the Guell family to his unfinished masterpiece, the Church of the Sagrada Familia, which occupied him until his death. This handsome overview of Gaudi's visionary work is ideal for those who delight in his architecture, as well as those who look forward to traveling to Spain to see his monumental legacy.
- Author BiographyJuan Bassegoda Nonell has served as the director of the Catedra Gaudi at the School of Architecture within Barcelona University since 1968. He is the author of many notable books on Gaudi. Melba Levick is an accomplished architectural and travel photographer whose work has been published internationally in numerous magazines and in over 30 books.
- Author(s)Juan Bassegoda Nonell
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- Series TitleTiny Folio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note200 colour illustrations, chronology, index
- Weight257 g
- Width101 mm
- Height111 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Photographs byMelba Levick
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.