All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume, starting from the celebrated and fascinating Portrait of a Lady from the Poldi Pezzoli museum in Milan, one of the greatest masterpieces of Florentine portraiture from the latter half of the 15th century, investigates the art of the Pollaiolo brothers: Antonio, a goldsmith, painter and sculptor, and the most famous of the three; Piero, a painter; and Silvestro, who died young and was soon forgotten. Based on in- depth scientific analyses and research conducted on the methods of execution and materials used for the wide range of different works issued from the Pollaiolo brothers workshop, the volume presents paintings, drawings, engravings, sculptures, bronzes, and objects of applied art.
- Author BiographyAldo Galli is professor of modern art history at Trento University. Andrea Di Lorenzo is the conservator of the Poldi Pezzoli museum in Milan.
- Author(s)Aldo Galli,Andrea Di Lorenzo
- Date of Publication16/02/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note203 illustrations, 184 in colour
- Weight1860 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.