About this product
- DescriptionThe epic story of two of the world's most famous lovers - and the forces of politics, intrigue and ambition that shaped them - told as only Colleen McCullough can. Brutus and Cassius are dead at Philippi, leaving two Roman men to inherit the world. One is the 20-year-old Octavian, whose brilliance, subtlety and political cunning give the lie to his small, sickly appearance. The other is Mark Antony, a man in his prime - lusty, Herculean, hedonistic, proven on the battlefields of war, politics and love. At first glance, it seems contest: Antony is the certain winner. But in Alexandria sits Egypt's queen, Cleopatra, mourning the death of Julius Caesar, yet utterly focused on attaining world power for her only son, Caesarion. In order to achieve this, she must seduce and hold in thrall either Octavian or Antony. Her choice is Antony, whom she sees as consort, warlord and father of more children. No easy task for Cleopatra! Antony is first and foremost a Roman, an obstacle she must overcome before she can launch her bid for dominance. Antony and Cleopatra compellingly chronicles the events that inexorably led this star-crossed pair to their fate.
- Author(s)Colleen McCullough
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/11/2010
- Weight982 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine53 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.